Wednesday, January 6, 2010

HP C3100 Photosmart Printer and Windows XP?

My disc for my printer won't install on my computer. We had xp before, then updated to Vista, then a few days ago put XP back on. I'm not happy with it so far. I put the disc in for the printer and the error message mentions not able find software. Doesn't say anything about not being compatible with XP. So I looked on the HP website and under the printer there are no options for uplaoding software of any kind for this printer. On the face of the disc I have it does say ';Windows Vista';. My husband keeps forgetting to look at it and I keep forgetting to remind him. Can anyone else tell me if this printer is compatible with Windows XP? I know we did my this printer new, I just can't remember if we bought it after installing Vista, or if we had it when we had XP on before. I hope we don't have to buy a new printer again! We didn't save our old one. Thanks for your help.HP C3100 Photosmart Printer and Windows XP?
That is the correct disk - drivers are issued normally for a series of printers not just one. THe disc you have will work for the entire C3100 series of printers.





Unhook the printer - go to www.hp.com and download the latestest version of your driver.





ONly hook the printer up at the point of installation when instructed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment