Wednesday, January 6, 2010

HP Pro L7680 Printer- Margins are wrong?

The printer always prints with very small margin on top and large margin on bottom. It is like this when I print regardless of what program I am using. It even does this if i print a diagnostic page or a print screen. Is there a way to reset the margins on the printer?HP Pro L7680 Printer- Margins are wrong?
Go to control panel then double click the printers icon. Right click on the L7600 series. On the menu that comes up click on printing preferences. On the window that comes up click the advanced tab. Under Printer features switch minimize margins to ';On.'; Some alert message will pop up, just click Ok. Now click on Apply, then Ok on the printing preferences window. You should be all set.





If you have any questions about this let me know, just add details to the question or email me through my profile. My instructions were for a Vista PC, but should be the same once you open the printing preferences window in XP.





Good luck,


-K





Edit


鈫撯啌鈫撯啌鈫撯啌鈫撯啌鈫撯啌鈫撯啌鈫撯啌鈫撯啌鈫撯啌鈫撯啌鈫撯啌鈫撯啌鈫撯啌鈫撯啌鈫撯啌鈫撯啌鈫撯啌鈫?br>




Its not possible to change margin settings on the printer itself, so the issue most likely is on the software side. I really can't see how the HP print driver would adjust margins like this for every program you are printing from. Of course the driver for this printer doesn't make a whole lot of sense sometimes. I'm sure I could troubleshoot it but yahoo answers isn't a great place for back and forth chat. The best thing I can suggest for now is to uninstall the print driver and reinstall it. Here's the link to the software you'll need: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softw鈥?/a> I would just install the basic software and driver since less is better with HP. Also download and install the driver updates, those may help in the future.





Good luck, let me know how it goes.


-K

No comments:

Post a Comment