Wednesday, January 6, 2010

HP PSC 1315 - Printer/Scanner----How to Scan?

I recently purchased a used HP PSC 1315 All-In-One Printer/Scanner/Copier. It did not come with a disc/software or an instruction manual. My husband hooked it up and downloaded the correct driver, but I am having a problem scanning and I believe I may be missing some software. I have no problem printing or coping, just scanning.





If I press the scan button, the ';On/Resume'; button flashes but nothing else happens. If I start the ';HP Photosmart Essential'; program and go to ';Get Images'; %26gt; ';From Scanner'; the printer starts scanning and then a box called ';HP Scanning'; pops up with an image of the scanned item in it. From there I can not figure out haw to save it somewhere. If I click the Accept button, nothing happens. Maybe I am doing this all the wrong way. Please help!HP PSC 1315 - Printer/Scanner----How to Scan?
If you have installed full version software of All-in-One in the computer you will fine %26gt; HP solution center/ director on the desktop.





Open HP solution center/ director %26gt; click on scan picture %26gt; place a document on the scanner glass.





If you want to scan the file to particular application add destination list.





Click on settings %26gt; scan settings and preferences %26gt; scan to setup and Add the destination application if it is not already available.





If you need further asstance, please write to meHP PSC 1315 - Printer/Scanner----How to Scan?
. You should read the Instructions. A lot of time NOthing is obvious. I think with the HP, if you click Accept, the scan is Saved in the HP file. You should be able to change that destination, like to ';My Documents';. Maybe right-click the image?


You might have to Delete the HP Program, and then re-install it.


When the software/Driver was downloaded, maybe the Instructions came with it.


Do a 'Search' for Scanner or HP, or click 'Help %26amp; Support' and try to find the HP instructions.


I suppose it's faintly possible, since it was Used, the scanner is broke. Maybe you can 'test' the scanner @ http://support.microsoft.com/kb/261519 ; ... or @ http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/fastF鈥?/a> ; ...

No comments:

Post a Comment