Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Cannot get my Printer disc for HP 1310 Serious to take again.?

Old system was XP and new system is Vista home premium so as my scanner will not work plus I have nothing on my new system for my scans to appear on, I have tried to run my disc through again. When my old computer died I lost everything so am starting from scratch. Could it be possible that the disc which only says for Windows 98,Me,2000 %26amp; XP will not work with Vista ?? Also the message I get when I try to run it through again is a red x against ADMINISTRATOR rights, what does it all mean I ask. Warmest appreciation for your help. VivienneCannot get my Printer disc for HP 1310 Serious to take again.?
First you need to activate administrator account in Vista. Then log on to admin account and try to install drivers, if the cd doesnt work then check for an update on HP.com for vista drivers.





Detailed Instructions to Activate the Administrator





Logon to Vista using your normal username and password.


Click on the Start button


Click on Start Search.


Type, cmd.


Right-click cmd, select 'Run as administrator' from the shortcut menu.


In the black 'DOS box', type the following at the command line:


Net help User


The idea of the last command is just to observe the options for Net User. In particular examine the syntax to set the password.


The next instruction is the crucial command. I have chosen password = p拢ssworD, you may want to choose different characters.


Net user administrator p拢ssw0rd


Net user administrator activate:yes


Check the message : The command completed successfully


Switch User, or logoff


Logon as Administrator Password p拢ssw0rD (Your password may be different!)


Trap:There should be no space between the word 'activate' and the colon.Cannot get my Printer disc for HP 1310 Serious to take again.?
Dont worry friend


You search drivers for HP 1310 for vista operating system on site ';www.hp.com';


Download it %26amp; run on ur vista system
Be sure to go to HP's website to get the latest Vista drivers for the printer. You will need to know the printer's exact model, 1310 is not a model apparently, it is a series of models and you need to get the right one.

No comments:

Post a Comment