Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Driver Install Error - HP PSC-1610 Printer?

I downloaded the newest driver package from HP's website, and it goes through the install process, but when I plug my printer in when the install asks me to, it then asks me to find a driver. If i cancel out of it, the software says it can't continue because the driver can't be found. Isn't the software supposed to have the driver? I'm good with computers and this is driving me crazy!Driver Install Error - HP PSC-1610 Printer?
are you sure you got the right one for your os


http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softw鈥?/a>Driver Install Error - HP PSC-1610 Printer?
Listen to your angel
As painstaking as this sounds...just uninstall the printer (drivers and all) and start all over. It sounds like the driver (1) got corrupted when installed or (2) isn't the right driver to begin with. HP is horrible with driver updates. Worse case scenario, just keep the existing driver that does work and don't update for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment