Saturday, December 26, 2009

I got a USB printer cable for my HP 6P - Everytimg I try to print it overlaps it all on one page.?

It's the stranges thing. If I have a document that has 10 pages in it it will act as if its printing all 10 pages on the same page. With overlapping text... etc. I have reinstalled the HP 6P driver several times. It must have to do with the USB to Parallel cable and perhaps a setting somewhere. I am running Windows XP home edition on a DELL notebook. Thanks!I got a USB printer cable for my HP 6P - Everytimg I try to print it overlaps it all on one page.?
Your printer *must* have a Class B USB port unless it is way too old. Your notebook and all computers have Class A.


Class B connector is about half as wide as class A, but more than two times thicker.


Buy a purely ';USB Printer Cable'; and try printing again. But first, try printing in a purely parallel connection to make sure it is not a problem with the printer firmware.





You must disconnect parallel connection of your printer before connecting the USB Printer Cable.


_______


Viva La Dvorak! - www.dvzine.org

No comments:

Post a Comment