Saturday, December 26, 2009

Help with unresponsive HP 4315 fax/printer?

My fax/printer was working great the night before. The next morning, it was dead...





I tried 2 different outlets then wiggled the power cord, nothing.


Opened and closed the only 2 doors that can be opened, again, nothing.


I'm now wondering if my wife took out the ink cartridges because I can't see them inside. She says she did not...I know I didn't.





Any suggestions or is it time to throw it out?


And, even with the ink cartridges out would it still power on?Help with unresponsive HP 4315 fax/printer?
Hey blueskys-





It should power on regardless of whether it has ink in it or not. You may very well have a problem with the power supply as those go from time to time. If you wanted to try to buy one to see if you can fix the problem you need to look for the part number 0957-2119.





Its going to cost you about $10-20 and there are no guarantees that will fix it. But I suppose you could just resell the power supply on ebay if it didn't.





Here's a few I found on ebay for ya:





$13 total with shipping:





http://cgi.ebay.com/HP-Deskjet-3915-3930鈥?/a>





$15 with shipping:





http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-GENUINE-HP-0957-鈥?/a>





Anyway I guess you can search for it on your own. At least thats a place to start.





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment