Monday, December 21, 2009

I have a HP PSC 1600 Series Printer. I have installed a new 95 ink cartridge and it is still saying?

to install a new cartridge? Why won't it recognize the new cartridge?I have a HP PSC 1600 Series Printer. I have installed a new 95 ink cartridge and it is still saying?
The HP 1600 series (1610) had a small problem with this. Contact HP Customer Support through the e-mail and tell them about the problem (tech support is free even if the warranty is up). Other than this problem, the 1610 has proven to be a pretty reliable machine. However, if you are looking to upgrade to a new printer, take a look into the HP Photosmart C5180, which is getting perfect reviews everywhere. I have a C5180 and it is the best printer I've ever owned.





Anyway, I hope HP fixes your problem for you. I think it just requires downloading a driver to your computer to fix the problem, but I could be wrong.I have a HP PSC 1600 Series Printer. I have installed a new 95 ink cartridge and it is still saying?
Run the update Resolves certain print cartridge rejection and scanner failure error messages from hp.com.


If that doesn't solve the problem then the contacts on the unit are gone bad.
Did you remove the tape covering the electrical contact pads on the cartridge?





Ok... got ur new details. There is likely to be a small electrical issue with ur printer/ cartridge.





What you need to do... take out the cartridge, use a lint-free cloth to wipe the contacts (the little golden dots). Do not touch the printhead. Then at the printer side, also wipe the pins which will touch these cartridge contacts.





The purpose of doing this is to make sure no dust/ dirt is blocking the electrical signals.





Insert ur cartridge back into the printer (make sure its the correct slot - same shape identification pattern). Power off ur printer and turn it back on.





Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment