Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I have two hp printers that both have the same problem both say paper jam,with no paper in them,any thoughts?

I was thinking it might have been because a lower grade of paper used in the past, please help if you can.ThanksI have two hp printers that both have the same problem both say paper jam,with no paper in them,any thoughts?
Without knowing what MODELS they are, or al least if they are inkjet / laser hard to help.





If laser, open paper drawers and look for the small rubber wheel that feeds the paper in.


Clean this with damp cloth to remove dust, allow to dry, try again.





IF it stays at paperjem BEFORE you even try to print, then there is probably something stuck in one of the sensors, and the printer SHOULD give a jam code, if you have this, email me it via Yahoo and I can look it up, I have service codes for many HP machines.





If it's an inkjet, same trick works on feed roller.


If it's a constant error before you even try to print, again something in a sensor, but you probably get no indication of where, so have a good look in the paper path as best you can.I have two hp printers that both have the same problem both say paper jam,with no paper in them,any thoughts?
open it and pull out any pc of paper
I would reinstall them

No comments:

Post a Comment